- Interested students and all competitive students are prepared for Tap & Jazz exams with the ADAPT syllabus (Brian Foley)
- Interested students and all competitive students are prepared for Cecchetti Ballet exams with Cecchetti Canada.
- Interested students and all competitive students are prepared for AcroDance exams with Acrobatic Arts.
- All examinations are taken at the discretion of the Artistic Director.
- Cecchetti Ballet exams are typically held during the month of May or June.
- Tap and Jazz exams are typically held in November or December. Some exceptions may occur.
- AcroDance exams are typically held in the Spring. Some exceptions may occur.
- Notices and/or emails are sent home with applicable students when these exams and any extra classes are being established.
- Once students of obtained their Intermediate and Advanced 1 Cecchetti Ballet and their Intermediate ADAPT Jazz and Tap exams, they can make a special application to their high school principal to receive Gr 10 and 11 Arts credits.
Cecchetti Canada is a student-focused, national organization dedicated to the preservation and promotion of the Cecchetti Method of classical ballet and committed to the highest standards of training for dancers and teachers.
The Canadian Branch of the Cecchetti Faculty of the Imperial Society of Teachers of Dancing was founded in 1949 by Betty Oliphant, first ballet mistress of the National Ballet of Canada and co-founder with Celia Franca, of Canada's National Ballet School.
The Society was federally incorporated as the Cecchetti Society of Canada. In January 2011, the Cecchetti Society became independent from the ISTD and modernized the name to Cecchetti Canada in 2018. Cecchetti Canada is a founding member of Cecchetti International Classical Ballet (CICB).
ADAPT is an acronym which stands for: "Associated Dance Arts for Professional Teachers".
ADAPT is a certified "dance syllabus" offering yearly examinations in the dance disciplines of Jazz, Tap, and Ballet. We represent an elite group of dance teachers who follow the ADAPT Syllabus and enter their students in the yearly examination process. As leaders in quality dance training, we aspire to teach the love of dance and movement to those around us.
In the fall of 1980, Brian and Faye, (Mr. and Mrs. Foley) were invited by teachers of two separate studios to evaluate their students who were working on the new and exciting material. These visits created an unforgettable dance experience for both students and their teachers. The ADAPT Examination process was born!